Blog Archive

Monday 14 October 2013

NARRATION AS REMEMBERING

REMEMBERING:   
A NARRATOR’S
POINT OF VIEW

Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again. It seemed to me I stood by the iron gate leading to the drive, and for a while I could not enter, for the way was barred to me. There was a padlock and a chain upon the gate. I called in my dream to the lodge-keeper, and had no answer, and peering closer through the rusted spokes of the gate I saw that the lodge was uninhabited. No smoke came from the chimney, and the little lattice windows gaped forlorn. Then, like all dreamers, I was possessed of a sudden with supernatural powers and passed like a spirit through the barrier before me. 

  
WORK FOR WEEK 5
Begin (or  continue) a story, poet, etc, by using the idea of the narrator/speaker  remembering.  Make this the way they tell the story.  It could be a simple recall of something, or part of a memoir, or it could be a confession of some kind, or the person could be struggling to remember something that just escapes them.  


No comments:

Post a Comment