Blog Archive

Wednesday 24 October 2012

Something from Brian

Identity Parade

I would have been a runner but I didn’t have the legs
I would have been a chicken but I couldn’t lay the eggs
I would have been a singer but I didn’t have a voice
I would have been left-handed but I didn’t have a choice
I would have been an actor but I can’t remember lines
I would have been a psychic but I couldn’t read the signs
I would have been an artist but I couldn’t hold a brush
I would have been a twitcher but I couldn’t spot a thrush
I would have been a cowboy but I couldn’t ride a horse
I would have been the Pope but I needed a divorce
I would have played Test cricket but I couldn’t take a wicket
I would have been a poet but I really couldn’t stick it
I would have flown a bomber but I couldn’t bust a dam
I would have been myself but I don’t know who I am.

© Brian Crooks, 11th September 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment